Papyrus is the world’s first decentralized programmatic value management platform aimed to radically improve programmatic advertising stack to provide efficient, transparent and mutually beneficial environment for users, publishers, advertisers and decentralized application (dApp) developers using blockchain architecture. It is an open source scalable blockchain platform specifically designed to fight fraud traffic, brand safety issues, excessive middleman cuts, and absence of supply chain transparency, that costs to digital ad market $229B annually.
The main Papyrus difference is that no other project has a scalable blockchain solution for smart contracts execution on top of large data arrays, while Papyrus developed such solution and is applying it to digital ads market. Considering universality of Papyrus blockchain solution it can be applied to other industries. Papyrus has already built MVP that demonstrates its capacity to solve scalability issue.
Also, unlike other existing blockchains it has unique features that make it a feasible solution for practical adoption: low transaction costs, privacy management, execution of smart contracts based on the large volume of data.
Papyrus aims to develop a decentralized and highly scalable advertising ecosystem capable of processing hundreds of billions of targeted advertisements daily. The system will include advertisers, publishers, traffic auditors, end users and developers of decentralized applications (dApps) in a new digital economy with build-in reputation management that incentivize all parties to behave in a transparent and mutually beneficial way. In a sum, Papyrus presents an unprecedented level of transparency and fraud prevention.
Papyrus leverage blockchain technologies to provide transparency for the ads supply chain and create proper incentives for digital advertising market players. This will eradicate fraud and losses on intermediaries and lead to much greater efficiency for advertisers and publishers.
The Papyrus mission is to use the best of blockchain to transform the entire digital advertising market and provide different parties with substantial benefits:
- For advertisers, we offer a brand-new way of digital presence, meaning that they receive more for $1 dollar of ad spend (currently the waste is more than 50%) – no more fraud, guaranteed control money, total brand safety, all ad stack transparency. All payments along supply chain are done based on smart contracts and immutably stored on blockchain with permissioned access for participants.
- For publishers, we offer instant access to all high quality demand from the Papyrus ecosystem and bring revenue growth due to efficiency of supply chain cleaned up from excessive middleman cuts. Low-cost barriers for participation in the Papyrus ecosystem will mean that traditional players will not need to choose between traditional and decentralized advertising ecosystems.
For the rest of participants (agencies, adPlatforms, adVerifiers, 3rd party developers etc.) we offer trust and bring more revenue, less costs of dispute resolutions, easy access for verification services, powerful infrastructure for data scalable decentralized applications supporting privacy management.
Does all this mean that Papyrus will throw out of the market the existing digital advertising players?
Not exactly. Papyrus does not directly threaten the players of the established digital advertising market. Instead, publishers, supply side platforms (SSP), demand side platforms (DSP), ad networks, antifraud vendors and ad agencies can easily integrate with Papyrus through APIs and open source libraries at very low cost and immediately leverage benefits for revenue in addition to maintaining their traditional ad market approach. The ultimate goal of Papyrus is to offer advantages to efficient and value adding players and marginalize unscrupulous players.
Papyrus has launched its MVP in the form of an advertising network as an important step in the development of products built using the Papyrus’ blockchain architecture as a basis. The MVP consists of 3 main parts:
- Papyrus Advertiser Account and associated backend Demand-Side Platform (DSP)
- Papyrus Publisher Account and associated Supply-Side Platform (SSP)
- Papyrus Viewability Verifier, auditor of advertising attribution within the visible area of the user’s screen
All information about the campaign, as well as its budget, is recorded in the campaign’s smart contract. All the impressions within the campaign are signed and verified by the DSP (advertiser), SSP (publisher), and auditors.
The key feature of Papyrus’ MVP is the use of the Papyrus Channel Layer for executing smart contracts over large datasets collected by network participants. The MVP launch made it possible to test the scalability of the Papyrus solution and prove its applicability to the programmatic ad market, where the number of ad impressions reaches billions every second. Scalability on data with low infrastructure costs is one of the key benefits of Papyrus, compared to other blockchain solutions.
The Papyrus MVP is a first step to many upcoming Papyrus blockchain technologies and applications in the advertising market.
Papyrus is incorporated in Singapore as Papyrus Foundation Pte. Ltd. The R&D office is located in Moscow, Russia and we plan to open business development offices in New York and London in the coming months. Papyrus mission is to build and boost the market’s adoption of a comprehensive decentralized ecosystem for the whole digital advertising market. This ecosystem has a form of blockchain based global decentralized autonomous organization (DAO).
Like other blockchain based environments, the Papyrus ecosystem will operate using utility tokens. Advertisers, publishers, dApp developers and end users will use Papyrus ERC20-compliant Ethereum tokens as a utility tokens for:
- Paying for ad campaigns;
- Service fees for participants (dsp, ssp, traffic auditors…);
- Proof-of-Stake deposits for registered ecosystem participants;
Papyrus will be introducing two different utility tokens: PRP or Papyrus Prototype Token, that will be used in the ecosystem prototype, and PPR or Papyrus Permanent token that will be used in the permanent version of ecosystem accordingly. For the details please read our blog.
We decided to use milestone-based approach to provide clear goals of each token sale stage to token buyers.
- As a result of stage one, we are planning to bootstrap the Papyrus prototype ecosystem and start pilot integrations with partners, including SSPs, DSPs, antifraud vendors, as well as to attract supporters and lay the foundation of a Papyrus expert community.
- The second stage started with the deployment of permanent version of the ecosystem smart contracts and successful pilot integrations with external advertising platforms. Papyrus has already built MVP that allows test tokens to go through the whole work cycle – from their deposit into the advertising campaign created by the advertiser and before the receipt of these tokens by the owner of the advertising platform. It is also planned to implement privacy management within Papyrus blockchain solution.
The third stage of token sale will be started no earlier than in 2019 after Papyrus achieves significant market traction, grows its user base and ad traffic volume.
Papyrus is planning to use a milestone-based approach and schedule several TGE rounds to provide deterministic value for the tokens sold:
- TGE Round 1 was successful and we raised $1,500,000.
- THE Round 2 is planned for Q1 2018. Hard cap is set for $17.5 million.
TGE Round 3: Tokens allocated for this event will be locked until 2019. TGE Round 3 will be launched no earlier than in 2019 after Papyrus achieves significant market traction, grows its user base and ad traffic volume within the ecosystem.
The effective exchange rate for PRP:PPR will be calculated by multiplying the ratio 1:24 by the growth of the ETH and BTC prices between the end of TGE Round 1 and the start of the private part of TGE Round 2 weighted in proportion to the volume of tokens purchased in BTC or ETH. The detailed description could be found here.
Yes. Overall emission of PPR tokens will be limited to 1,000,000,000 (one billion tokens) with no allowance for additional token generation.
Everybody can participate in public token sales if legal compliance is mets. Terms and conditions will be published upfront. At this stage, residents of People’s Republic of China, Singapore and the United States (excluding accredited investors) are not eligible to participate in the tokensale.
Yes. The priority right to purchase PPR tokens will only be in the whitelisted participants with the possibility of obtaining additional bonuses up to 45%
Round 2 which includes sale of PRP has a hard cap of $17,500,000 USD. The Papyrus Foundation Pte. Ltd reserves the right to choose a lower hard cap should it deem this reasonable.
We accept BTC and ETH.
Papyrus Foundation PTE. LTD., a private limited company organized under the laws of Singapore. We closely follow the international and local legislative regulation and our task is to make Crowdsale on our platform in absolutely legal way
Based on legal advice and opinions we gathered during the preparation process, PPR tokens would not be deemed as securities by SEC based on the Howey test. Our legal advisors have reviewed and issued a legal opinion on our token structure and any token sales to U.S. investors shall be made with care to comply fully with current U.S. Securities law.
We are a team of experts with strong backgrounds in building and scaling successful businesses in both advertising and blockchain technologies. The core product development team consists of 20 people. The team is constantly growing. You can learn more about each team member here.